Become a voice and leader in developing stormwater solutions. Gain direct access to stormwater leaders and policy makers. Participate in developing cutting edge tools and techniques and/or be the first to use them.
Subscribers of the SWI will have special benefits including:
- SWI Subscriber names will be included in official SWI publications
- Receive special recognition at WEFTEC and SWI events
- SWI webpage will provide links to SWI Subscriber websites
- Participate in SWI Program priority setting
- Participate in SWI Services priority setting
- Receive invitations to participate in SWI special events
- Attend special SWI Subscriber invitation only networking events with MS4s and decision makers
- Receive regular updates on SWI programs and other targeted stormwater communication
- Participate in SWI work teams to develop or review SWI products and services
- Receive World Water Stormwater Management magazine at no additional cost
- Ability to propose or participate in SWI Targeted Stormwater Projects (TSP)
- Receive briefings on SW legislative issues
- Participate in providing technical input on SW related rulemaking
- Participate in WEF Congressional Fly-In event
Current SWI projects include:
- Stormwater Testing and Evaluation for Products and Practices (STEPP) initiative, which seeks to improve water quality by accelerating the effective, implementation and adoption of innovative stormwater management technologies.
- National Green Infrastructure Certification Program (NGICP), Initiated under the leadership of DC Water and the Water Environment Federation, (NGICP) sets national certification standards for green infrastructure (GI) construction, inspection, and maintenance workers.
- Stormwater Policy Program works with SWI Subscribers to provide input on stormwater policy development and review, and provides regular legislative updates and alerts. Stormwater Congressional Ask Document.
- SWI Project Highlights
How to become a subscriber:
The Stormwater Institute has five subscriber categories at the organizational level:
- Commercial/Industrial Permit,
- Technology/Service Provider,
- Non-Governmental, and
Please contact Rebecca Arvin-Colon, Stormwater Institute Senior Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-684-2400 Ext. 7017, for more information.